Well I think it’s safe to say that so far blogging isn’t really my forte. I’m quite shit at it actually. The only blog-post I’ve written since leaving home.. …..was how I haven’t been blogging since we left home.
I’ve just never seemed to find the right time to do it. Every time I would say to myself “right. today is the day you are going to start writing something” I would pick up the Surface and then suddenly find myself hours later having uploaded two albums of photos to Facebook and then be sick of staring at a computer screen.
So here we are… 13 and a half weeks into our hopefully 2 years or more journey. I’ll try to keep this sweet and simple so I actually finish writing something and post something, anything(!) before the end of October.
**some time later**
Oh. Hello December! When did you arrive?
“post something before the end of October”.. HA! Okay – here we go, let’s try again:
- Days since we’ve left home: 147
- Countries we have visited: 7
- The Netherlands
- Towns / cities we have visited: 53 (54 if we include Lagos – but Lagos doesn’t count).
- Don’t worry.
- I won’t list them all
- ….unless you want me too.
- Amelia. I’m looking at you.
- Number of hostels: 23
- Number of times I’ve had the privilege of having the bottom bunk: probably twice
- Number of hotels: just one – Melia Valencia (and the buffet breakfast was to die for!)
- Number of Airbnb’s: 10
- Airbnb’s we haven’t been successful for: none! because we are professionals.
- The different modes of transport we have taken: 10
- Plane -although not since we first landed
- Walking. Does this count? I’m saying this counts.
- Bike – albeit just once in Pamplona.. IT STILL COUNTS!
- The Tube
- Boat (weeeeell, it was really only one canal tour in Amsterdam).
- Vanny McVanFace (explanation post to be posted)…
- Amount of postcards I have sent home: ZERO.
- Amount of postcards I have stashed in my travel journal waiting to be mailed home: 7
- Number of photos I have taken: lots. I can’t be bothered counting. lets just say lots.
- Number of blow-outs before I had to throw away my precious Sanuk thongs: 2
- Free shirt’s I’ve acquired: 1
- Injuries I’ve sustained: 1 twisted ankle whilst attempting to ride a bike
I think that’s enough boring information for now. And hey – I’ve written a blog post! YAY!
Until next time….